Wednesday, January 24, 2024

LO: Sample materials: Mast head designs


My mast head ideas below are presented as the traditional colours of a Pakistani Asian wedding based on the colours that are worn by the bride and groom. Traditionally, the brides of a Pakistani wedding traditionally wear the colour red and the grooms either white, gold or black. Below are examples of my mast head presented in the same layout but different colours. 

1) 

This mast head below is presented using the colours black for the word 'The' and red for the word 'Baraat'. I have chosen these colours and these are the colours most worn by the bride and groom on the wedding day. The colour black connotes the imagery of it being dark and powerful, also revealing the idea of the groom of having royalty and standing out from the guests of how dark and noticeable the outfits are. The colour red in this I will be using is specifically burgundy red and that is the base colour of a traditional bridal outfit in our culture of weddings. The burgundy red connotes the idea of it being luxury and someone who is really ambitious. The colour burgundy symbolises the idea of someone being unique and creative and again of someone having power and standing out from the guests of having that dust of elegance and being the main characters and the heavy traditional detailing on both of the bride and groom outfits making them flashy and having all eyes drawn on to them. The fonts I will be using for the word 'The' is called Classy. The reason why I have chosen this font for the word 'the' for the mast head as because the mast head is revealing what the magazine will be about. 'The Baraat' is translated as to be the wedding but the word 'Baraat' means the grooms entrance of the wedding. I will be calling the Baraat as because this wedding was my brother's wedding and I will be illustrating the Baraat of his wedding day and this Baraat was really unique and creative and having lots of fireworks involved and smoke grenades, drum players and all luxury cars too. All of these elements is what makes a Baraat a Baraat. The font 'Classy' makes the word 'the' stand out and makes it look luxury and elegant which is what I want the house style of my magazine to be and it makes a outstanding introduction to my mast head of the word 'the' stand out and makes the audience of my magazine to be amazed and to think wow this is what you call a Baraat. Now for the font used for the word 'Baraat' is called Elegant. The reason why I have chosen this font is because I wanted the main word 'Baraat' to stand out the most on its front cover and I have done this by using an elegant cursive font. This word makes the word 'Baraat' pop out and makes it very classy and elegant as it is the main focus of this magazine.

The reason why I did not choose did mast head is because for my magazine I would like the base colour of the whole magazine to be a cool warm white/beige colour and having that aesthetic of light colours with a hint of that burgundy red. And the colour black in this mast head will throw off that aesthetic and because it's dark and it wouldn't be a good contrasting colour to go for.


2)

This mast head below is presented using the colours burgundy red for the word 'The' and a gradient of the colour pallet of gold for the word 'Baraat'. I have chosen the colours red and gold as because these are also the main colours worn by the bride and groom on the wedding day in the Pakistani culture. Most of the heavy intricate details on the brides outfit is presented in colour gold and the base colour of the outfit is burgundy red. For the groom the outfit can be a warm white colour with gold intricate detail which I will be using as my base colour as because the colour warm white connotes the idea of simplicity, elegant and professional. And for the colour is self explanatory as because the use of the intricate details on both of the bride and grooms outfits are the colour gold which connotes the idea of success, elegant, rich and someone who has power. The fonts used for the word 'the' is called 'Classy'. The reason as both is because it makes a strong and a solid introduction to the magazine introducing that the Baraat in the magazine will amaze the target audience thinking wow this what you call a Baraat and that Baraat was this Baraat and that is why the mast head is called 'The Baraat'. Again explained above, the fireworks, the smoke grenades, the drum players is what makes a Baraat. And the font 'Classy' makes the mast head look neat and tidy having that simplicity and elegance which is what my goal is to create this magazine. For the word 'Baraat' I have changed the font to 'Deluce'. I have chosen the font 'Deluce' for this style of mast head as because it creates the idea of it being classy and elegant at the same time and it also looks very professional and simplicity which is what my I am wanting the house style of the magazine to look like and I am wanting that elegancy and simplicity vibe. For the word 'The' I have chosen that to be the colour burgundy red as because I would like that to show very small and having not as a huge text colour as in having it flash out in the audiences vision as because the text will be in the colour white with a burgundy colour banner and box for huge text and the colour gold will be used for the sub headings so that it will be visible straight away and will have attention to the audience as how much bold of a colour gold is. And for that reason, I will be having the word 'Baraat' in the colour gold as because I would like that to be the first visible word to the target audience when they view the front cover as because the mast head title is the subject of the magazine. 

The reason why I didn't go for this mast head is because the font used for the word 'Baraat' didn't make it stand out as much as I wanted it to. Although it did look classy and elegant, I just wanted the word 'Baraat' to stand out the most and make it be the first noticeable word the audience. Which is why I stuck with the cursive font used in my final design below. 


3)

This mast head design is the chosen on that I will be using for my magazine. From the previous mast head, I have kept with the colours burgundy red and the colour gold as because the colour burgundy red is obviously the traditional colour worn by the bride on the wedding day and also the groom will also wear hints of red as a tradition of the wedding day too. And for the colour gold is because the intricate heavy details on both the bride and grooms outfits will be covered in gold. The colour burgundy red connotes the idea of it being luxury and someone who is really ambitious. The colour burgundy symbolises the idea of someone being unique and creative and again of someone having power and standing out from the guests of having that dust of elegance and being the main characters and the heavy traditional detailing on both of the bride and groom outfits making them flashy and having all eyes drawn on to them. And the colour gold connotes the idea of success, elegant, rich and someone who has power. The fonts has been switched around for the final design of my mast head, for the word 'The' I have kept the initial idea of it being the font 'Classy' as because it makes the word 'the' stand out and makes it look luxury and elegant which is what I want the house style of my magazine to be and it makes a outstanding introduction to my mast head of the word 'the' stand out and makes the audience of my magazine to be amazed and to think wow this is what you call a Baraat. And for the word 'Baraat' I have kept that font being Elegant.  The reason why I have chosen this font is because I wanted the main word 'Baraat' to stand out the most on its front cover and I have done this by using an elegant cursive font. This word makes the word 'Baraat' pop out and makes it very classy and elegant as it is the main focus of this magazine. And because of this reason, the colour gold completed its look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LO4: Evaluation

In order for my magazine to meet the brief, I have created a South Asian wedding magazine to target my audience located in Sheffield. The pa...