C O N T A C T S H E E T:
DHOLKI:
In the images above presents the images that I have captured for the Dholki event of Kaleem & Thaiba's wedding week. A Dholki is an event that is hosted traditionally by the women from both families in which they have the night to dance, sing, play games and to have lots of fun. The men in the family arrive to eat the Pakistani dish that is served at the Dholki event and then make the exit out of the Dholki event so the women have their time to enjoy the night. For this event, I have used the images "IMG_4550" and "IMG_4669" in my magazine for the DPS of the Dholki event during the wedding week. I have chosen these two photos because the "IMG_4550" presents a portrait photography of the bride dressed her traditional Pakistani attire with a background of vibrant colourful flowers in which we attached onto the wall for decoration. I have chosen to have a picture of the bride as because a Dholki event is hosted by the women side of the families so it will make sense to have an image of the attention of the night. I have also chosen the picture "IMG_4669" to show the props in which we had on display during the Dholki event in which the guests were able to hold and to present during a Photo Booth in which had humorous culture jokes to illustrates the connotations of joy and laughter.
NIKKAH:
For the Islamic wedding (Nikkah), I wanted to capture many different camera shot types on this event to connote the simplicity and the present the whole look of the newly wed couple in their simple, elegant white and gold outfits that they wore on their Nikkah.
For the images that I decided to use for the Nikkah section page are "AG005851.JPG" and "AG005877.JPG" to connote the idea of love and unity between the couple and to present the elegance and the traditional Pakistani clothing. For the photo "AG005851.JPG", the pose of the groom kissing his brides forehead, connotes a medium close up of the couple illustrating the idea of love and security, emphasising the protection he will have accountability for into taking care of his wife and ensuring that she will be loved and taken care of.
The photo "AG005877.JPG" connotes a wide shot of the couple in which I mentioned to do a twirling shot in which I wanted to capture of them both on the Nikkah day. The twirling shot connotes the idea of unity and togetherness of the couple and in which reveals to full look of both of the couple and also revealing a flowing shot of the traditional attire of the brides outfit, capturing an elegance and a regal look.
KALEEM'S MEHNDI:
As I am the groom's brother and as much as I wanted to capture photos of the event, I also wanted to enjoy all of the traditional events the during the week as much as I could. The only times that I could manage to capture images portraits of the groom or the bride is when all the guests were seated and eating the food when it was time for it be to served. This is because there wouldn't be anyone obstructing the images.
The best photo and the only photo that I will be using for the section of the article of Kaleem's Mehndi is "_5CL8104.JPG". I have chosen this image to present the section of Kaleem's Mehndi because I wanted to illustrate a medium close up. This is because, I was able to presented the emotions of the grooms face illustrate the sense of joy and happiness and of the groom enjoying the light and the fun of his Mehndi night and also to illustrate the heavy intricate, traditional Pakistani attire. The groom himself wore a light coloured traditional Pakistani outfit on his Mehndi because he wanted a unique and a more of a lighter pastel look. Although the traditional colours for a Mehndi is green, yellow, orange or pink, but the groom wanted a lighter hue to symbolise the idea of light, happiness and something more subtle and peaceful.
THAIBA'S MEHNDI:
For the bride's mehndi, I managed to take a variety of different camera type shots such as close ups and wide shots of the bride. I also captured a few images of the decoration that was around during the Mehndi event. I decided to use wide shots of the bride herself to capture a full portrait image of the bold vibrant traditional orange dress in which the bride wore on her mehndi night to presented the intricate detailing on the dress. I also wanted to present close ups of the bride and some shots of her touching her colourful intricate jewellery in which she wore to enhance the final look of her Mehndi outfit. I wanted to capture close ups of bride and her jewellery to connote the joyful emotions of the bride and also the shyness of the bride by touching her jewellery.
The image that I decided to use for the page of the bride's Mehndi article is "Image 10.JPG". I have decided to use this image as because it is a medium close up which is the best image for me to use to present the bride herself, as well as her intricate vibrant traditional Mehndi dress and her colourful regal Mehndi jewellery in which will be very appealing towards my target audience relating towards the Pakistani culture.
WEDDING:
Presented above is the contact sheet of the images in which I had taken of the main Baraat Day. On this day, I had to visit the brides house to ensure that I was able to capture images of solo portraits of the bride herself before they both, the bride and groom met after making their entrance. As I had spare time before leaving with the groom towards the venue, I was able to see the bride and to take images of her and I decided to take different camera shots of her. I decided to focus more on the medium close ups of the bride in her regal, traditional red bridal dress because it expresses more and shows more of her elegance look. I wanted to present the look of the bride and her elegant jewellery, as well as the intricate details on the dress.
After, as she was leaving the house to make her way towards the venue, I decided to take pictures of the bride her in wedding car to capture the emotions of the bride as she leaves her childhood home as she starts her life with her groom. I decided the use the photo "DSC02822.JPG". I decided to use the photo because I managed to capture a good medium close up of the bride as well as presenting her full regal wedding look and her in her wedding car, ready to make her way towards the wedding venue and to capture an image to connote her happiness and joy, ready to embark her new journey in life her with husband.
For the groom, I wasn't able to capture much images alone of the groom due to me being apart of the family, however during the Baraat I was able to capture a photo of the groom and I duplicate the layer on Procreate and created a gaussian blur on the background, presenting the groom in full focus of the image show casting him being the main attention. The image that I will be using is "DSC03050.JPG" to present where I will be adding an article in my magazine titled "why black". I have chosen to talk about the title "why black" to reveal the cultural reasons of why being an elegant colour for a groom to wear on his Baraat. The medium close up of the groom connotes the intense emotions on the groom revealing his emotions before he enters the venue to make his entrance. Also, the medium close up allowed me to also focus on the intricate details on the grooms outfit.
Here are a few strong images in which i personally believe that i have taken for my magazine so far. I have chosen the best photos using the software Adobe Bridge to help me keep myself organized on to which photos i personally like best and that will fit my magazine. For some of the photos i have taken, i would want to edit them on Procreate/Photoshop as because some became really dark and some i do not like the lighting of so i would like to adjust the lighting on them.
All of the images above does fit the genre of my magazine which 'Wedding Photography' however, my genre is a niche audience targeting the South Asian's in the mid 20's starting their wedding planning and looking for inspiration for their dream wedding. I will be talking about the traditional colours worn on the different traditional events in which takes place before 'The Baraat'.





No comments:
Post a Comment