FRONT COVER:
In the image above, I used Procreate to adjust the brightness, hue and Saturation for the front cover image for my magazine. I chose this image because it shows both of the representations that will be in my magazine. This image strikes both models on their wedding day in traditional Pakistani attire showing my target audience what the magazine is about just by looking at the front cover.
In the image of the left I erased the part of the masthead of my magazine called 'The Baraat" which was showing on top of my model. I enlarged the text 'THE' so that it is visible to see behind my model on the left of the image shown above. I then added another layer on top with a gold foil royalty free image which I then clipping masked over the 'Baraat' to give it the gold effect and making it stood out. I then added a white layer underneath the 'Baraat' and lowered the opacity creating a drop shadow connoting and 'The Baraat' is the main ideal topic of my magazine, allowing my audience to know what the magazine is known for.
I did change the colour of my masthead for the word 'THE' to white instead of previously having it as red because the white stood out a lot more nicer and looks really bold and bright and connotes the idea of it looking more professional.
I add my models initials "K AND T" in the font...I chose this font on procreate because it makes the initials of my models name to stand out and to emphasise that the magazine is about them and telling the love story of "K and T" revealing that they are the main representations in the magazine. I duplicated the layer of the text and then I applied a gaussian blur on the bottom layer to give it the effect of the white text to shine bright and to make it catch my audience attention instantly.
One of the last steps I added on the front cover was graphics and rectangle shapes in which I drew on procreate. Starting with the bold circle henna design. I decided to add a henna design on to my front cover because it enhances the look of my magazine. I wanted this magazine to look really traditional and South Asian cultured. I used a soft brush as an eraser on the ends of the henna design to give it the effect if it looking 3D in away and to give it a realistic effect and sort of creating a shadow behind the bride in the image.
In the image above, presents me adding a circle mandala design in the colour gold to connote the idea of it to look professional and elegant. However, the gold didn't stand a lot so I duplicated the layer and made the design white to lighten up the gold design and to make it stand out against the background image of the front cover.
In the middle of the design, I coloured the centre in burgundy red to connote the idea of it to look traditional and to match the theme of a Pakistani wedding magazine.
Lastly, I used the colour white and the font "Classy Vogue" for the whole text, but I wanted the buzz word "Win" to stand out and to draw my audience attention so I used the font "Deluce" which I downloaded on DaFont and imported it onto procreate.
CONTENTS PAGE:
I added pictures of my models are there different events during their wedding week on my contents page and I wanted to keep their looks discreet towards the audience to build up tension. Because of this, I lowered down the opacity of the images on the contents page to whiten the images creating a soft dull look.
In the images above presented me firstly creating a white rectangle banner which is where I will be displaying the text "contents" for the title of the page. Again, I used the font "Cochin" for the title of the word "contents" to make it look professional. I used the colour white but I duplicated the layer and creating a black gaussian blur behind the text making the white text to stand out on the white rectangle.
I then made all the letters all capitalized to make it more visible to be seen from quite of a distance.
For the subheadings and body text I used the font "Cochin" also as well in the colour white to create contrast of the main contents background image.
I then duplicated the layer and filled in black and gaussian blurred the layers to create a shadow behind the text, making the white text to stand out on top of the image.
RISHTA | NIKKAH: DOUBLE PAGE SPREAD:
The two photos presented above illustrate the edit changes I made for both of the images taken by me on the Rishta day. I chose to brighten both of the images to connote the emotion of happiness and joy to illustrate the couple starting their new journey in life together.
In the two images revealed showcase the mandala banner design I made for the title of the page "RISHTA". I used the font cochin for the all of the main text presented on my magazine but the font makes the writing stand out a lot and also it looks professional. I also made the colour of the text and the colour of the mandala banner to match the colour of the brides attire.
I also added a rectangle shape frame in the same colour gradient as the text and the mandala border in which I will display by body copy article text on the 'RISHTA' page of my magazine. This is because it will make the text to stand out a lot more against the images presented on the image.
In the image above, I have added the body article text of the "RISHTA" page of my magazine in the font cochin as well as in the colour white. I have chosen the font cochin and the colour which to illustrate a professional look to my magazine. I also added a drop capital on this article to illustrate the reasons the beginning story of Kaleem and Thaiba and sharing the story from when it all began. Lastly, I duplicate the text layer and then added a gaussian blur to one layer to make the white text to stand out a lot more on the coloured background.
NIKKAH:
In the images presented above illustrate the edits I have made to both of these images of my models by adjusting the hue brightness and saturation on the image. I went for a cool tone for the Nikkah images to connote the realistic weather on how it was on the day of the Nikkah.
In the screenshot above illustrates me applying a henna design in which I drew on procreate using the technical pen used on procreate (screenshots of the versions of me creating the henna designs are on my assets post). I used the colour white to present the henna design and borders to make it look professional and to make it stand out bright on the images illustrated on my magazine.
In this image presented in the image illustrates me using a technical pen in procreate to create the border of the rectangle for the article for the Nikkah page in my magazine. I made the colours of the rectangle border to be in the colour beige/brown to convey the contrast of the colours of the bride and grooms Nikkah outfit.
In the image above, illustrates me gaussian blurring the duplicated layer of the article on the left and the word "Nikkah", making both of the text to stand out and making it more visible to read for the audience.
DHOLKI AND MEHNDI DPS:
In this image above demonstrates me editing the images above for the Dholki page by adjusting the hue, saturation and the brightness of the image and making it more appealing and not dull. I increased the saturation on both of the images because I wanted the images to stand out and to make the colours on the images more vibrant.
In the image above, demonstrates me drawing a burgundy red border frame for the article for the Dholki page. I also added a mandala design in which I illustrated on Procreate using the technical brush found in the inking section. I used both of these assets in the colour Burgundy so that it contrasts well with the pictures used for the Dholki page.
In the image above, it reveals me using the font "Cochin" for the body copy text for this article. I have chosen to use the "Cochin" font because it connotes the idea of it look professional and making it appealing to my audience my using a font that looks neat and simplistic. I also used the colour white for the body copy of the Dholki page because I wanted the text to be visible towards the audience when being placed on top of a coloured border. I then duplicated the text layer and used a gaussian blur effect to the text layer, to make it glow and to stand out a lot more on the burgundy rectangle border frame.
For the images both, I had some space between the mandala design and the rectangle border. Because of this, I believe this was the best place to add the title of my the page "Dholki". I added the text "Dholki" using the font "Didot" to make the text to look professional and for it to stand out against the soft airbrush in corner.
After adding the text "Didot" I duplicated the layer and and did a gaussian blur on that layer to create a drop show effect. I created a drop shadow effect so that the text "Dholki" can stand out against the coloured area.
MEHNDI:
In this image above, illustrates me editing the images in which I captured on their Mehndi day by adjusting the hue, saturation and the brightness of the images.
I wanted to increase the saturation the most in the images by roughly 10% because I wanted the colours of the images to be bold and vibrant to match the vibe of the Mehndi night.
In the image above presents the layout I have chosen for the Mehndi page and organized where the photos and the articles will go.
As seen above, I have made the rectangle border frame assets in the colour of my models Mehndi outfit to enhance to look of the page and also to make easier for my audience to know which article belong to whose Mehndi day.
Firstly, I used the snipping/selector tool, which is the 3rd icon on the top left and selected the rectangle option for me to create a split down the orange rectangle border frame to create to article columns.
I also added a picture of a sign that the bride had at her Mehndi event illustrating "Thaiba Ki Mehndi" meaning "Thaiba's Mehndi" on top of her image to enhance the look of the image and the Mehndi page.
Also, in this image I used the font "Cochin" for my articles on the Mehndi page, again in the colour white to connote of the idea to constantly keep the all of the fonts the same throughout the magazine to make it look professional. I used the font "Cochin" and for it to be in colour white to connote the idea of it to look professional and simplistic and for it to be appealing to my audience.
In the final version of creating the Mehndi page of my DPS, I firstly duplicated the text of the Mehndi articles and created a gaussian blur effect, making the white text to stand out and to make it more visible.
I then added mandala designs on to the images in which I have used for the Mehndi day because it made the images to stand out and for it to also fit in the South Asian genre of my magazine. I made the mandala designs in the colour white for my magazine so they stand out and for it to be visible to my audience.
WEDDING:
In the images presented above, firstly I used the lasso tool to cut around the groom out of the image so that I was able to do gaussian blur for the background only, keeping only the groom in full focus.
In the images above present me editing the final images in which I will be presenting for my final DPS of my magazine. I wanted the images of their wedding wedding to be bold and making my models to be presented outstanding in the images.
I adjusted to hue, saturation and brightness of the three images in which I took of my models on their wedding day, revealing the bittersweet emotions and their facial expressions before making their entrance on their Baraat.
In the images presented above, I added in the rectangle border frames of the final DPS which is the wedding day. I wanted the rectangle border frames to be in the plum read to contrast well with the outfits by my models on their wedding day.
In the image presented above illustrates me adding the body copy and the title of the articles of the final event. The articles I have discussed is "Why Black?" which will be the article on the top left next to the portrait of the groom. And for the two rectangle border frames on the bottom left, one will be called "Why Red?" which is for the bride and the tradition of the colour red worn by the bride and the second called "Rukhsati". A Rukhsati takes place at the end of the wedding with many tears being shed by the brides family with smiles and sadness as they say their goodbyes as the newly wed couple embark their new life together as the bride leaves her family and is now no longer her dads responsibility of being looked after but her husbands responsibility to make sure he fulfils his wife's happiness.
The last article will be called "The Baraat". In this article, I will be talking about what takes place from the start to the event of The Baraat, cultural traditions, dancing, beats of the drum, fireworks, smoke grenades etc.
I used the font "Cochin" and presented the text in the colour white to make the articles professional and for it to stand out against the coloured rectangle border frames.
In this image, it reveals me duplicating the text of the articles that I have discussed in my final DPS and adding a gaussian blur on the duplicated layer to create a glowing white text effect. I did this so that the white text can stand out a lot more on the coloured rectangle border frame and for it to be visible for my audience.
























No comments:
Post a Comment